Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm still here!

Hellooo there! Yes, it has been a while. Apparently regular blogging is a wee bit difficult when you have small children to tend to. Not to mention one who has decided that in addition to his 4 am bottle he also needs one at midnight, therefore disturbing mommy and daddy's sleep, but I digress. Here's what I've been working on:

A set of coasters for someone in my women's group

 Fleece baby booties for Little Fat (as we so lovingly call my youngest son Ean) We have issues with keeping socks on him so I searched for a simple bootie pattern with elastic. Hopefully these will stay on and keep his cute little fat feet nice and toasty. Tutorial found here and multisized pattern found here. I will mention that I made mine from the pattern at the first link and they look a little small. (It's nap time so I haven't tried them on yet.) However, at his first doctor's visit the doctor walked in, started messing with his legs and said, "Wow, he has big feet." Hahaha. So they may fit your baby just fine.
I'm also thinking of making some Elmo ones in the medium size to give to Evan for Christmas.
 (By the way, you'll probably be seeing a lot of my kitchen floors because that's where the best light is lol. Just ignore any crumbs and whatnot that try to sneak in. Anybody wanna buy me a steam mop? I hear the Shark is good!)


And last but not least, a simple little bag for Evan's Halloween goodies. FYI, freezer paper stenciling is major awesomeness but don't try it on really cheap thin fabric. Ask me how I know. There's a funky lookin' little pumpkin painted under this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment