Thursday, October 6, 2011

Make your own laundry detergent!

Last week I made my own laundry deteregent using the recipe and instructions from here:

http://www.diynatural.com/simple-easy-fast-effective-jabs-homemade-laundry-detergent/

Grating the soap is kind of tedious but the rest of the process is easy peasy! After I made mine I read a comment somewhere that you can put the bar of soap in the microwave for two minutes and it will puff up then you'll be able to smush it into a fine powder, so I'll try that on my next batch. But considering that you only use 1 tablespoon per load, that might be a while! The only downside is that your clothes don't smell like lavander/lemons/etc afterwards. However, if you like your clothes to smell like, well, clothes then this is right up your alley! It makes almost no bubbles in the machine, but your clothes will definitely be clean!

If you're interested in making your own laundry detergent check out Google or Pinterest for lots of variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment